Thursday, May 1, 2008

Graduation Banquet

Last night was the dental hygiene graduation banquet. It was so fun to reminisce about all the fun, hard, and crazy times we've had over the last 2 years. If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago if going to dental hygiene was a good idea I would have said, "NO!! Run away as fast as you can!" But as of last night I'm actually starting to feel the deep sense of accomplishment and it feels good. I would recommend it to anyone. I even thought to myself last night, maybe I should get my master's degree. I'm sure I will at some point, but I need to take a breather for now. Tickets to the banquet were 26 dollars so only my parents and Dave's parents attended with us. They presented a few awards during the banquet and I was fortunate enough to receive 2 of them. I earned the Utah Dental Hygiene Association's Clinical Excellence Award and I was elected into the National Dental Hygiene Honor Society: Sigma Phi Alpha the Beta Mu Chapter. Pretty awesome!! I feel really good about the last 2 years and I'm thankful for the opportunity that I have had to meet and learn from so many wonderful people. Looking back, it really has been a good 2 years (not the best, I reserve that title for the years after graduation from high school thanks to Mindy, Christy, Autumn, and Evan). Graduation is tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have tons of new pics to post then when I'm in my full graduation attire.

My Hygiene Friends: Meredith, Celeste, me, Gina, Monica, and Holly.
Thanks for getting me through it all gals and
thanks to 4 inch heels for making me look ginormous!!

My parents


Dave's parents

Instructor Parry pinning me and the class















Professor McConaughy awarding the
national honor society award and pin to
Meredith, Monica, and me.


















Melinda Andreason, President of the Utah Dental Hygiene Association, awarding me the Clinical Excellence Award. (That award is my favorite)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brodie stacey allie said...

First things first. The comment from kijar...dont click on it. Its a virus and a really bad one. I had it on my computer and had to call our computer guys at work to remove it. Just 411. Anyways, congrats on graduation. Thats really awesome! Now a whole new life begins...starting with work. Oh one more thing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Trinity said...

Congratulations! We are soo proud of you and your accomplishments. Your awards are wonderful! Sorry I cannot be there to see you walk. Again we are proud of you and love you very much. And we are happy to see a new post.

Amber and Zach said...

Congrats Chica! That's so great. Where is Evan by the way?