Saturday, March 22, 2008

Birthday Day!!

Today has been full of birthday parties and I'm beat!!
We put on the annual Relief Society Birthday Party which was a lot of work and no one even showed up. We had 65 girls sign up, so we planned for 70 just to be safe. I counted 25 people including both presidencies. How lame is that?! At least I've learned a valuable lesson early in life. If you can possibly attend, sign up. If you sign up, show up. It was pretty discouraging as this was our first big activity since we were put into the presidency.
After cleaning up the church I was off to help with Becky's birthday party. This week has been crazy busy with party preparations and studying for boards. Thank goodness Brittany was able to take care of most of the party details. Britt, Nick, Trin, Dan, & I spent hours setting up at Ruby River. It was worth it in the end because everything looked great. Britt had a great vision and she was able to bring it to life. The party was really fun and I think Becky had a good time. I'm so fortunate to have a mother-in-law that I actually love and appreciate. She is so great and does so much for us. Without her our yard would look pretty scary :)














When Dave was running for office in high school his mom would help him make posters. They would get old movie posters and cut and paste his picture onto the poster and change the wording. That is one of Dave's favorite memories, so Dave and Britt decided it would be fun to make posters for their mom since she always made them for him. They took forever, but in the end it was totally worth it.

1 comment:

Trinity said...

I love those posters and your blog is soooo cute. I am trying to get ideas for when we set mine up.