Friday, March 28, 2008

National Boards Are Over


It's weird that I've taken the 8 hour 350 question test, it's in the past, but somehow it's still managing to ruin my life. Things would be much better right now if I knew whether or not I passed. I don't find out for at least a month, Boo!! I thought I was ready for the test, but it totally rocked my world. By the end I was so brain dead I like couldn't function. We got a lunch break after the 1st 4 hours and my brain was so fried that I couldn't remember my locker combination that I've had for 2 years. I was totally panicking because my ID and admission ticket were locked up and the test started in 5 minutes. Thank goodness for prayer. I prayed, walked up to my locker, and without even thinking managed to unlock it.
Becky Powell is so cute and so nice. She got me balloons, gum, Hawaiian flowers hair clips, a lei, and 2 cards to congratulate me on taking boards. I'm so thankful to have such a loving and thoughtful mother-in-law.
Dave wanted to make this milestone event special so he took me to the Jazz game that night. We got the VIP tickets ($425 each!! Thanks Tony!) so that means VIP parking, pregame buffet dinner, and row 1 seats(so I can really see my boys in action). Normally I love going to games, but I was still so tired and the game wasn't very exciting since they were playing the Bobcats, so I wasn't really able to fully enjoy the experience. The game had it's moments and by the end I loved being there. After that we went to the Raddison hotel downtown to stay the night. We swam and soaked in the hot tub which was fun and relaxing. The hotel pillows were awful so we didn't sleep that well and the alarm went off at 4am and we didn't sleep for a while after that. So needless to say, we don't recommend the Raddison. Never again. The next day we woke up and went to the infamous Paradise Bakery in downtown SLC. It was a huge let down. Everyone acts like it's the greatest place ever, but I would take Old Grist Mill any day over that. We then went shopping. And then it was time to go home and face reality...Yard work. I'm sad that it's that time of the year again because I'm really not a fan of working in the yard, especially because our yard needs a lot of work.
Well, this post has been pretty pessimistic, so I better end on a good note. I love my hubby!! He is so cute and works so hard to make me happy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on boards Joni! Gall I really dont know how all you smart girls do this whole thing they call "school"... You will be a great hygenist!

and this is my joy said...

Yeah to my awesome Sister in Law!!!
Congradulations on boards and having it finally over!! You totally rock. In the words of your niece "My aunt Joni is soo cool, she can clean my teeth like a dentist!" hehehehe

Britt

Marky said...

Way to go Joni!! That is so exciting to be done, I'm sure you did great! Sounds like you guys had a fun time in salt lake, besides the hotel.. :0)

Trinity said...

That was pessimistic, but I loved it. Boo to uncomfy hotel pillows, been there. Way to go girl.

~adelle said...

hello! i am so happy to find your blog. it is fun to see what your up to.

congrats on your test. i am sure you passed.

Amber and Zach said...

HEY! Look how exciting your life is!! How is everything! Man you guys sure do have a lot of fun! I love blogs, it's so great to see where friends are!
Take care!
Amber Spencer ( grange )

visit us at
http://amizachi.blogspot.com/