Friday, June 6, 2008

It has been a while..

Well, since I blogged last, much has happened: Christy got married and moved into our basement (it's so much fun to have them with us!!), we went on a 7-day Western Carribean Cruise, I got my dental hygiene license (June 2), I've already worked 2 full days as a real dental hygienist (it's hard for me to believe it's real), Dave bought a brand new 2009 Carolla Sport (see ya later brand new tacoma's and no car or insurance payments (But it's for the best), we finally got our sprinklers fixed and the lawn is trying to turn green again, we finished our basement (new carpet and all), Mar came to visit with Josh & Charlie for almost a month (I miss that sweet baby!), I hosted a family bridal shower for Christy, Charlie & Nevi were blessed on the same day (thank goodness they were 2 hours apart, that could have been a rough one), and we are going to our annual Kenny Chesney concert this weekend in San Francisco for our anniversary (I can't believe Kenny isn't coming to Utah this year, his shows are always sold out, at least we get to make a fun trip out of it and see Charlie). I need to tell more about the cruise because it was AMAZING, but I need to go pack for San Fran tomorrow. We are going to the Bountiful temple tomorrow right before we head to the airport because we are sealing my Grandma & Grandpa Widdison who have both passed away. It's a long story, but they are both sealed to other people, so even after 50 years of marriage, 5 children together, and lifetimes of faithful church service, they weren't able to be sealed while still living. I'm so excited because I've always wanted them to be together forever, they loved each other so much!!

3 comments:

Trinity said...

That is awesome Joni. Congrats on all the events going on in the James household. Have fun in San Fran-you two are busy little bees. We love you and we need to hang out soon.

Megs said...

Joni! It's Megan (Lee) Schaugaard. I did a blog search and found you and Dave. Hope all is well there. Congrats on the dentil hygiene license. Tell Christy congrats on the marriage as well. I hope that San Francisco is a blast!

mike and elise said...

Joni! I'm so glad that I found your blog! Congrats on finishing school. What an accomplishment! We need to get together one of these days!