Monday, July 9, 2007

I love the 4th of July!

It is always such a fun day. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get to do our Lava tradition, but I realize that as we all get older it will keep getting harder and harder to get everyone together at one time and one place. Dave went golfing with my dad and Jeff Fowers in the morning and I just hung out and got ready for the day. Dave managed to get 47 free tickets to Stadium of Fire from Toyota. The tickets were normally $45 each, so we were very lucky. It would have costed us $2,115 , what a deal!! My family met at our house at 4:30 to commute down to Provo. I rode with Dave, Kirk, Becky, and Francie. It was nice, but I was sad I didn't get to sit by Dave in the car, I love that boy! We stopped in American Fork to eat at Rib City-Dave's request-it was pretty good. Dave loves that place because Russ Nielson, his favorite person/boss/mentor, took him there after golfing last year. The traffic to the stadium was out of control, but when we finally got there we were able to park in the stadium parking lot. There were some random performances, then Brookes and Dunn performed, they were really good. Too bad Dave and I were in a stupid fight at the time so neither of us could enjoy it. We made up within half an hour and the rest of the night was great. The fireworks were out-of-control awesome. There were fireworks I had never seen before and they went on forever. When it was all over we just hung out for a while to allow traffic to die down (which it didn't). Dave got a picture with Isaac C. Singleton Jr., who was the air marshal on Anger Management and the black pirate on Pirates of the Carribean. I laughed my head off because I swear Dave put his hand on Isaac's chest and laid his head on his shoulder (atleast that's what it looked like from a distance). We didn't get home until around 1:30 am. Late night, but fun. There were tons of us there, which made it way fun, but hard to talk to everyone. Dan was supposed to have a BBQ that night, but when he found out we had free tickets he just invited everyone to Stadium of Fire. Dave & Joni, Ina & Gordon, Christy & Jake Pruitt, Blair & Kelcy, Jordan & Courtney, Kirk & Becky, Andrew & Trinity, Kyle & Sheena, Dan & Marky, Kevin & Becky & Becky's mom, Brandy & Austin, Karly & Curtis, Francie, Jake M. & date, Burrell & the Henderson girl, Derek & Jaime, Bobby & the pregnant Heidi, Auty & Jeff, Jan & Bishop Don Fowers, and whoever else I may be forgetting. I left tickets at will call for cousin Mark and his 2 friends, but they got there too late and will call was closed.
Joni

No comments: