Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mycoplasma Pneumonia

The name sounds scary, but trust me...The symptoms are way worse. On Sunday night I almost lost my voice completely. Of course, this doesn't slow me down, I worked in misery all day Monday & Tuesday. Today I woke up and decided I couldn't take the sore throat, coughing, and malaise anymore, so I went to work to tell them I was sick, ended up seeing my first 2 patients, went home and passed out for 3 hours, then it was off to the doctor. They can't positively identify what I have until the blood test results come back in 5 days, but due to the symptoms and the prevalence in the community, my doctor is pretty certain it's Mycoplasma Pneumonia, also knows as "walking pneumonia." The good news is that I was only contagious for the first 48 hours, the bad news is Dave has already contracted the illness. So for now I'm on antibiotics and Tussin Pearls to help with the coughing. I miss feeling healthy.

10 comments:

Trinity said...

Thank goodness I was only around you for a little bit on Sunday. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well that walking pneumonia is some bad stuff. You are a trooper to go to work feeling so crappy. I hate sore throats more then anything. Let me know if you need any soup or TLC. Hey I forgot you have live in helpers that live in the basement. But I would be glad to help in any way that I can. I love all these new posts from Dave and Joni. Get feeling better.

Marky said...

That sucks!! Sorry you guys are both feeling sick.. That is nice Christy and Kenny can take care of you!! Hope you both feel better soon!!

Josh and Laurie said...

I think Josh had the same thing last week... It was terrible. He thought he was going to die-but you know how boys are... anytime they get sick the are "going to die."

Lindsey Rose said...

Yikes! We hope you guys get well soon!

Trinity said...

Hey Jones, Hope you are feeling better. I tagged you so make sure you check out my blog for the rules. And have fun.

Brittany said...

You did sound so hoarse on Sunday- I can't believe this is what you have :( Dang Contagious crap!!

Trevor + Tiffany said...

That sucks, I hope it goes away fast...I was hoping to go to the drive-in with you guys before I have my baby on the 14th!

Candace said...

Joni!
Hey sorry to hear your sick. I found your blog and wanted to say hi! I'm adding you to my list I hope thats ok! Keep in touch.

Karly said...

Being sick is definately no fun but its good to see that you are both feeling better!!

Chanci said...

That does not sound fun at all. Glad you are feeling all better though. Have you been having a fun summer? I love being graduated!