Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Story Of My Sweet 4 Runner

So, I'm trying to be good about keeping this blog as a journal of milestones in my life, but I'm really bad at it which is why I usually blog about a year after an event occurs. I'll try to get caught up so that my posts will be more current.



















One milestone event in my life is when I got my brandnew 4Runner. Dave and I had been talking about what I wanted to drive once I graduated. We had planned to get me a sweet car for graduation and since Dave is in the car business he loved to talk about what kind of car I would get. I decided a year before I graduated that I would want a 4Runner upon graduating. So back on March 8, 2007 Dave told me to come into the dealership to look at different colors so that I could start deciding which color I liked best. When I got there he showed me a silver 4Runner on the showroom floor with a big bow on it. He was like, "What do think about this one?" I of course loved it, but there was a big sold sign on it so I said, "I don't want to get in it if it's sold." He assured me that it was fine. I told him that it was my dream car and that I would probably want one just like it in a year. That's when he showed me the key chain that said "Joni's 4Runner." Dave has a long history of playing tricks on me, such as the time he gave me huge "diamond" earrings for Christmas complete with an official appraisal from Fred Meyer Jewelers and told me they were real, so there was no way I could believe he bought me a brand new 4Runner.I know I pretty much look gorgeous in this pic, but notice how happy I am because I still thought they were real. Silly me. Don't worry, I got Dave back the next Christmas by giving him my charm bracelet and explaining how each and every charm was thoughtfully picked out just for him. He didn't know what to do because he hated it but didn't want to hurt my feelings. Ha Ha!
Anyway, I tried not to be excited about the 4Runner because I figured all of his coworkers were in on it and I didn't want to look too stupid like I do in the picture above. I was finally forced to believe Dave as I went into finance to sign all of the papers and the finance manager assured me that she wouldn't have gone to all of this work for a silly prank. So a year and a half later, I'm still driving and loving my 4Runner. So much for waiting for graduation. That husband of mine is the greatest, I love him so much!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny! I love the picture. Thats so fun to play pranks! Good post!

Trinity said...

Dave is totally a prankster! That is sweet that he went to so much trouble with the car, bow, and all the good stuff. Good old husbands. That is a sweet ride you got there too Jones. Notice I have commented on each new post. I was so excited to see a new and current post from you Powell's. We all need to get together soon.

Amber and Zach said...

That is SOOO funny! Ha! I love it!